Be the Driving Force
Leading Your School on the Road to Equity
Foreword by William D. Parker
Publication Date: October 20, 2023
“Be the Driving Force is a powerful resource because it is personal, reliable, and practical,” writes educator and author William D. Parker. Principals will discover insightful guidance on building self-confidence, leading with integrity, and ensuring equity in education and culturally responsive practices.
Principals either drive school equity or tap the brakes on it. Which kind of leader are you?
School equity demands a comprehensive understanding of the intricate relationship between school leadership and the complex social, economic, and political contexts that shape the education system. Maintain your motivation and focus to do this important work.This essential leadership guide offers research-based strategies, action steps, and reflection questions to help leaders become the driving force for schoolwide equitable practices.
This book will help K–12 school principals:
- Understand the impact leadership has on equity in schools
- Integrate effective school leadership research into everyday practice
- Build trust and respect with students, staff, and community through effective communication
- Lead with strength and integrity
- Collaborate effectively with teachers to establish an inclusive and equitable environment
- Explore discussion questions, surveys, and action steps to internalize the content and encourage follow-through
- Discover various leadership styles and how to select the one appropriate for them and their schools
Publisher: Solution Tree